Subject: Re: [Leica] new Asph 90
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:50:18 -0500

At 08:05 PM 9/16/98 +0000, you wrote:

>The interesting thing on the blurb from Leica about the new ASph lens and
>its element is that its ground rather than moulded, I wonder if this is
>because its made in Canada, Eric?

Very well could be. At least the elements are made there. Some of them...

Canon has three different ways of making aspherics. Ground, molded and
layered.

The 35-70 ASPH is possibly too wide to make the element via the moulded
method? So I'm sure what you're saying is quite understandable. Ground is
good. I'm excited that this lens can do 1:2.8 in macro mode! Shoot, that
would be good for making copy slides! <G>
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Buddhist to hotdog vendor: "Make me One with everything"