Subject: [Leica] Leica mini 3 service
From: Wolfgang Spekner <faber@gewi.kfunigraz.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:43:24 +0200

I'm sorry if this is a rather small and unimportant topic for this list and
at the same time it concerns a rather small Leica camera.

My brave little Leica Mini 3 that I bought 6 months ago failed to expose my
slide films on a USA trip correctly. This was really disappointing because
I expected it to work perfectly and relied on it, so that finally all my
slides were underexposed (I used my N. SLR for color prints). The same
happened to the b&w negative film I gave to my Leica.
My disappointment got even bigger when I realized that it took a very long
time for the Leica service in Austria to fix my camera. I gave it to them
six and a half weeks ago and the only thing I heard from them in the
meanwhile was that they had to send it to Germany to the factory.

My two questions to this list:
1. Is underexposure a common problem to the Mini3
2. Is the Leica service always and everywhere so slow?

I'm glad my dealer gave me a second hand camera to use while I'm waiting
for my Leica, but it's a tough job to substitute for it.

Good shooting!

Wolfgang Spekner