Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 or R6.2 for landscapes
From: cb <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:42:33 +0200

For landscapes only? Ever and ever? Are you sure?
OK try an M6 (I mean try to find one who let you use his/her) and find
out if you could focus with it (you really have to try). In my opinion
the M6 is a camera best for one special porpuse:taking pictures of
people. The R is best for everything else. But for landscapes you need
DOF, filters, wideangle lenses... and you need the R. And BTW although
medium format has some advantages when you do the prints yourself, 24x36
(for me) is a very attractive height/width combination for landscapes,
with medium format or 4x5 you would have to crop.

Christian Becker
http://www.magicalights.co.jp/decadent/christian/index.html