Subject: [Leica] M6 viewfinder
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:27:22 -0000

I recently bought a (used) M6, and I notice its viewfinder is not as
easy to use as that of my M2. Specifically, the bright lines are not
as bright as on the M2, and if the eye is not very carefully
positioned, one side or the other of the bright-line frame becomes
very dim or even near-invisible.

Yesterday I tried a new M6 and noticed the same effect, but not quite
to the same degree. The camera needs to go back to Leica to have its
meter adusted, so I'll get them to look at the finder and make sure
it's OK.  However based on this limited sample (and the dealer's
comment that the same thing happens with his M6) it would seem that
the finder of today's camera is not as tolerant of eye position as
those of yesteryear.

Regards,

Doug Richardson