Subject: Re: [Leica] R3
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 18:22:42 -0400

Bud:

I don't know yet. I've only shot one roll of CN film with it. I just got it
Thursday from KEH to complete my Safari outfit. Further testing will be
needed, but I rather doubt that a 180 will distort.

Cheers!

kw

>Ken,
>I note you have the 180 Elmar.  Someone post his view that his Elmar produced
>*distortion* (whatever that means).   I've always liked the Elmar and wondered
>what you think of the lens.
>Regards,
>Bud
>
>Ken Wilcox wrote:
>
>> I have one. It is a solid body with needles (which I prefer to LEDs.) I use
>> it with a 28 Elmarit, 50 Summilux, and 180 Elmar of the same vintage as the
>> camera.
>> Most of the time these are quite inexpensive as long as you steer clear of
>> the special models.
>>
>> kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>