Subject: [Leica] For Leicaflex Lovers Only
From: inyoung@jps.net
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:21:59

Hi,

 If you remember I was asking about the 80-240 Schneider zoom lens in R
mount while back, I have some info.  Finally, I found the article in
Viewfinder.  There the editor mentioned that this lens was extrememly rare,
possibly less than 200 made in Leica R mount.  It sure is the rarest lens
for Leica R bodies.
 The lens finally reached me complete with its pistol grip and the cable.
It is pretty chunky and hefty but works beautifully on my RE as well as on
my Leicaflexes.  The pistol design was great enough to be used on the later
R bodies providing auto modes.  The shots I made last weekend came out
gorgeous as I expected from the Schneider lenses.  I am just as happy to
possess one of the rarest beauties.

 I almost forgot to ask this question about my Leicaflex.  Last week after
I finished a roll, I pushed the rewind button to rewind.  After I took the
film out, the button did not come out, making the shutter stuck.  The
rewind button stays pushed in, disengaged the film winding mechanism.  I
wonder if there is quick simple fix for this problem.  Has anyone
experienced this kind of problem before?

Regards,
David