Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens wt vs finish->Now question about titanium
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 09:09:03 -0400

Rick,

Normally the term micrometer is used to denote a measuring instrument or
device.  However you are correct that a micron is a micro-meter. When one
wishes to refer to this unit of measurement without using the term "micro=
n",
then it is customary to use either the abbreviation Mm or the symbol "=B5=
m".

Bruce S.