Subject: [Leica] V35 disappearance
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:29:00 +0000

It was recently written that:
>Given that Leica slides are better, it's obvious that Ilfochromes made
from Leica slides will be >better. In fact, why would not prints made
from Leica negatives be better as well.
==========================

This reminded me that I forgot to ask Leica the question, "Why was the
V35 dropped from production?"
If the optics are what make the difference, Leica's statement for
Photokina, then how come we'll have to print up the negs via an
outsider's enlarging lens? All those old Leitz tracts about needing an EL
lens as good as the taking lens are now rather empty.
I can imagine it wasn't selling well, but maybe there's aneed to retain
an EL lens on the books to ensure the whole production process can be
Leically optimised (to use a delightful Tina-word)?

Anyone got the low-down on why the V35 disappeared?

Jem