Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens quality
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:28:40 -0400

Alan Ball,

          >>I do not like ice cream by the way<<

Now this is a serious issue; let's talk further ;-)!

>>I simply do not want newcomers.......to invest 2<<
>>years of house mortage payback in a year that <<
>>they believe will give them a quantum advantage<<
                  >>in quality for their hobby<<

Alan, I can't disagree with your precise notion as you've
just stated it; trust me, Leica prices will operate on their
own to discourage newcomers. It did take me 20 years
to get to this state of penury......trading &buying Leicas ;-)!

I guess all I'm trying to say is once you've worked with
with the best of Leica's optics & compared them with other
gear; that's what created my conviction. And really under-
standing all the facets of a quality lens takes time!

As to whether those deltas in quality are justified per
Leica pricing ; that's a worthy, albeit subjective debate.

And that's what we're doing ;-)!

Tom D.