Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Pricing
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:23:27 +0200

>How abut this...
>
>Contax 55mm f1.2 - $5,500.00
>Leica 50mm f1.0 - $2,900.00
>
>Difference bullified! : )
><<<<<<<<<
>
>I must admit, you've got me on that one! The price of the Contax 55 f/1.2
is ludicrous. Why anyone would buy that lens over an M6 HM and Noctilux, I
do not know.

>Larry

The price is ludicrous but the Planar has been made in very limited
quantities, as the new Leica 2.8/35-70, and there are always bananas for
buying these things.
BTW, according to Chasseur d'images (acronym CI and NOT CDI)the Planar 55
is better than the Noctilux.I guess that, if Leica makes one day an
upgraded Noctilux, the price would be also crazy.
DP