Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens wt vs finish->Now question about titanium
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:31:06 EDT

<< It is my opinion that  much of what we are seeing in this regard (the use
of
 titanium in consumer products) is a cunningly subtle ploy to pray on the
 consumer's apparent need for the highest in hi-tech toys.  >>

No doubt that this has some truth to it.  I have 5 cameras with titanium
bodies (or finishes), including an M6 Titanium, Contax G2's and Contax S2 SLR.
I don't think that titanium is superior to to other less fancy materials.  I
do like the titanium finishes for their aesthetic appeal.  As a camera
collector (as well as a photographer) the aesthetic considerations are a
substantial factor to me.  The titanium finishes look quite nice.  However, so
do chrome and black finishes.  To me, titanium is simply another option - more
variety.

Tom Shea