Subject: [Leica] M6 titanium disappeared from new Leica catalogue
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:46:33 +0200

I noticed in the new Leica catalogue (09/98) I was talking about a couple
of days ago, that the M6 in titanium finish has completely disappeared!
It is not even mentioned anymore.
The only M6 listed are: TTL black, TTL chrome, TTL 0.85 black.

The fact that the "new" M6 brochure does contain a reference to the M6
titanium (but no TTL update) could maybe be explained by Lucien's remark
that this brochure dates from April 98, and thus well ahead of the
updated Leica catalogue.

Strange situation. So they would appear to bring the new titanium version
of the Elmarit-M 90/2.8 to market only for existing M6 titanium owners?
Must be a rather small market. On the other hand, owners of the M6
titanium might enjoy the privilege of having a kind of collector's item
if the titanium version is effectively dropped!

BTW: the date I mentioned for the new Apo 135/3.4 M is wrong: in the
catalogue it is said that it will be available in Q4 of this year (and
not Q1 of 1999), as will the Apo 90/2.0 ASPH M. The new 35-70/2.8 ASPH R
will be available in Q1 of 1999.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r