Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #318
From: "DR TERNAMIAN" <Pierre-Jean.Ternamian@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:20:38 +0200

>From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
>Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:21:38 +0100
>Subject: [Leica] Arca-Swiss B1 and Really Right Stuff
>
>LUGers,
>
>Do you have experience with the Arca-Swiss mono ball B1
>and also with Really Right Stuff ?
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Lucien

Lucien, I have been using an Arca-Swiss mono ball B1 for the last 3 years
for wildlife picture with a  Nikkor 500 mm F4  AF  and a F4 body, quiet
heavy but very smooth; I have just one problem with it, if you look to it on
an advertising they tell you that you can decide the level of hardness
between 1 and 10 with a large button, some time this one can be locked
because you turn it to far; the only way to be ready again is to turn it
again too far to unlocked it, or you can make a special grip to turn your
button in that special emergency. In any case, it is a wonderful ball, just
be careffull with sands.

Peter-John