Subject: Re: [Leica] Why trim leaders on the IIIf?
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:02:10 -0400 (EDT)

> Removing the lens, set the speed dial to "T" and open the shutter.
> While inserting the film from the bottom, use your finger through the
> lens opening to shift and position the film against the backing plate
> and slide it into position.  Once the film is engaged, trip the
> shutter, close the camera, cover the lens opening and wind on.
>
> It works!

Yes -- this is exactly what I do.  I didn't think it was anything out
of the ordinary, and I figured it's what everyone does.  Now I want to
try this "trim the leader" trick just for curiosity's sake!

I think the above mentioned film loading trick was also mentioned in
a Leica guide floating around the net somewhere, too.  I came across
it just today.

Andrew