Subject: [Leica] photokina and coffee
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:58:00 +0000

Jim wrote:
>And I saw only 1 (ONE) UV filter on a lens during the entire trip. I
glared
>at him and he poured hot coffee all over my hand, barely missing my M6.
>I'll get you back for this!
=================================

My greatest admiration goes out to you Jim, for not howling and bringing
the meeting with Leica to a halt. Again, my profuse apologies for the
coffee pouring incident, and thank you sincerely for being a true
gentleman and not revealing who this was!

Sunday saw me buying a couple of oldish lenses from the Camera-borse
(fair) at Mulheim, up the road, a 35/1.4 and 50/1.4, both very cheap and
both had no UV filters, presumably you'd asked the vendors to sell them
to me like that... (ha ha!)

To be honest, if I'd remembered it was yourself that disliked the UV
filters, I'd have taken it off in deference to you. A privelege to meet
you, and your family.

Jem