Subject: RE: [Leica] IIIf
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:54:29 +0000

>The Leica Legend wasn't created with the M6 and ASPH lenses. It was created
>with the Is, IIs, IIIs Fs and Gs - and the M-3, and it was created with the
>elmars, DR summicrons, summarons, etc.

I fully agree.  It proves time and again that a great photograph is in the
eye of the photographer and not in the equipment.

Too many people are obsessed with the specifications or optical performance
of a particular lens or camera rather than with the
artistry/mood/impact/message of the picture.

I have the 35/2 ASPH as well as the 35/2 non-ASPH.  The pics from the non-ASPH
lens gets my heart beating more than the ASPH ones.

Dan K.