Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens comparison: 3.5cm Summaron SM;;50mm Summicron R
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:18:05 -0400

James-
I have sent lenses to both Golden Touch ( she is backed up on screw mount
cameras, but said she could turn a lens around in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks) and to
The Focal Point who can also repolish and recoat lenses- and in the case of
a separated element in one of my Rolleis, he was able to recement it so the
lens is like new. He's doing a couple right now. In any event, these lenses
can be brought to 'factory specifications' and you too can have a lens just
like Cartier-Bresson! :)
By the way, The Focal Point ( John Van Stelten) did a CLA on my IIIf, and it
works like new now!
Cheers,
Dan
dwpost@msn.com