Subject: [Leica] New Konica Hexar on Chasseur d'Images Website / bis New Konica Hexar on Chasseur d'Images Website
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:33:34 +0100

Sorry, I sent my first post to quickly.

JOHN GILBERT wrote:

> The new Contax is, in fact,
> following Contax's original unique design as opposed to the traditional
> viewfinder adopted by Leica and Nikon. Namely, a viewfinder that reflects
> the focal length as opposed to a frame system.

John,

What do you mean? Which Contax ?

> I use my cameras as a living. I had to trade my M6 in because it could not
> meet my demands. The G's can.

I don't use my camera as living, but I sold my Contax G2 after 6 months
because I was never confortable with it.
I was never sure about the focusing and the flash fill-in is not easy
with that camera.
(How do you underexpose the flash without underexposing the rest of the
picture
in order to have non obvious fill flash ?)

It will be much easier with the M6 TTL + SF 20, leaving aside the 1/50
problem.
In this case I think it's Leica which studied carrefully the Contax
flash.

;-)

Best,

Lucien