Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: T-Max P3200/ Developers & Times
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:29:12 -0500

At 10:55 AM 9/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd like to know if anyone has used the Kodak T-Max P3200 and knows of any
>great developers to use it with.  I'm looking to shoot the film at 1600 to
>3200 ASA for a sports project.  I would appreciate any suggestions on
>developers and starting times and tempersatures for development times.  (I've
>tried D-76 and wasn't very happy with my initial tests.)  Thanks in advance

P3200 is a film for pushing. It's really rated normally at about 800 or
1000. But it's absolutely fabulous up to 6400. I have never hesitated to
use it at 6400. It's a bit tough to print (or scan) at 12,800, but there
are times it works okay.

TMax developer is specifically designed to push films, especially TMax
films. The Unicolor Press Maxx developer I've been talking about is
HORRIBLE with P3200. Don't even try it, it will make you sick! :-)

I use it at 3200 at 85 degrees - time 6 minutes. 6400 8 minutes. 12,800 10
minutes. Agitation 5 inversions in 5 seconds, every 30 seconds - beginning
to end. I warm the photo flo up to 85 degrees, and make sure the wash is 85
degrees. Works wonderfully for me. I've even shot it at 400 - and process
it at exactly the same time and temp. as TMax 400 at that speed.

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch