Subject: Re [Leica] Updated Resource list!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:47:03 -0400

Group - Here is the updated list of North American Leica and Rollei
Resources; I've added some stuff for our Canadian friends, don't have any
for Latin America yet! This is the text content of the file- just save it
for future reference.
dwpost@msn.com

Leica Repair Resources:

Don Goldberg:
2451 Thatcher Lane
McFarland, WI 53558
608-838-4769

KINNDERMANN (CANADA) INC.
361 Steelcase Road West, Unit #3
Markham ON L3R 3V8
905-940-9262

Sherry Krauter
Golden Touch Quality Camera Repair
118 Purgatory Road
Campbell Hall, New York 10916
9140-496-8834
krauter@warwick.net

Reinhold Mueller
Toronto, Canada
416-467-6992

Roger H. Pelham
PO BOX 26395
Trotwood, OH 45426-0395
Voice: 937.854.1455
Fax: 937. 854.3570
Makes carriers for Leica Ic and Valoy enlargers

The Focal Point
John Van Stelten
1017 South Boulder Road
Suite E-1
Louisville, CO 80027-0027
Tel.- 303-665-6640
Fax - 303-665-3803
Repairs Leicas as well as
Cleaning, repolishing and
recoating lenses.

Rolleiflex Repair Resources:

Bill Maxwell at
404-244-0095

OCEANSIDE CAMERA REPAIR
909 AVIATION BLVD. #4
MANHATTAN BEACH, CA 90266
hfleenor@beachnet.gen.ca.us

Paul Ebel
Spring Valley, WI
715-778-4372.

Ken Ruth
Photography on Bald Mountain
Davenport, CA
baldmtn@pacbell.net

Rollei TLR meter repairs CAMERAFIX
Werner Luedeke
Post Office Box 47
Riverdale New Jersey 07457
voice: 201/835-0156
(Repairs Rolleiflex TLR's and still has a
couple of the E style light-meter cells in stock, I believe
    -Marc Small)

Koh's Camera Sales & Service Inc.
2 Heitz Place
Hicksville, NY 11801
Telephone: (516) 933-9790/9791
Fax: (516) 933-7799
Store Hours:
Daily 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed Wednesday & Sunday
(Haven't checked this one out- any comments,
Contact dwpost@msn.com  )

Rollei Viewing Screens:

Maxwell Precision Optics
P.O. Box 33146
Decatur, GA 30033-0146
404-244-0095

Light-meter repairs:

Quality Light-Metric
Attention: Mr George Milton
Suite 210
6922 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood California 90028
213-467-2265
As to pricing, call George or Tracy and ask.

Lens Re-polishing and re-coating:

John Van Stelten of Focal Point
focalpt@ecentral.com
Also, John repairs Leicas!
See above for Address and Phone
Instruction Manuals:

John S. Craig - for instruction manuals, he's got them for most cameras.
http://www.craigcamera.com or
jscraig1@aol.com or
860-496-9791

John Knigh: has instuction books for all Leica RFs from IIIc thru M6 &
Leicaflex to R4 for sale at a low price.
LXUE82A@prodigy.com

Residual Oil Remover Lens Cleaner:

V VAX Products
1507 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622.
Phone 773-276-1749
Fax 773-276-0909.
http://www.ror.net/index.htm

ADDENDUM:
This section was taken from the PHSC(The Photographic Historical Society of
Canada) website; while they acknowledge that it is freely available, I do
want to give them credit for compiling this list of Canadian resources.

REFERENCE INFORMATION FOR OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS:

The Photographic Historical Society of Canada
Box 54620, RPO Avenue/Fairlawn
Toronto, Ontario, M5M 4N5 Canada

Submitting Information
The page is provided for the free exchange of reference information on all
aspects of photographic history including restoration tips, image
restoration,
camera repairs, etc. Send your reference information tips via e-mail to
phsc@onramp.ca. Include the word reference in the subject area. Please be as
brief as possible. We may edit a request or response at our discretion.

Reference Books
I have posted a separate list of reference books. The list provides
publishing
information plus a brief description.
 MEMBER DISCOUNT Fred & Elizabeth Pajerski have generously offered any PHSC
member in good standing a discount of 10% off the listed price of books in
their
current catalogue. For a copy, write:
Fred & Elizabeth Pajerski
Literature on Photography
250 West 24th Street - 4GE
New York, NY  10011
USA
or call them at 1 212 255-6501.

Collectable Cameras and Lenses Photo List

Robert Pins released his 137th photo list of collectable cameras and lenses
in
November 1996. I have been the recipient of this list for over ten years
now.
Robert has something for everyone at reasonable prices. Goods are shipped
promptly on receipt of payment. My purchases have always arrived well
wrapped
and in excellent condition. If you would like to receive a copy of his Photo
List, drop him a line:
Robert G. Pins
10 John Circle
PO Box 406, Norwood, NJ
07648 USA.
He can be reached by fax at + 201 784-2040 (day) or + 201 767-0028
(night).

Lensboards and Ground Glass
Parts for Graphic Cameras

Stephen Shuart, a charter member of the society can provide lensboards and
ground glass cut to size for most cameras. Toll Free ordering from
Ontario/Quebec. 800-458-6092 or 814-837-7786 for inquiries.
Stephen Shuart
PO BOX 419
Kane,PA 16735-0419
USA
e-mail shufly@penn.com.
Stephen also maintains
"the largest inventory of Graphic parts in North America".
MC/VISA/AMEX.

Canadian Rollei Repairs
Tor-Photo Ltd.
Mr. Rollei , Ulrich Barthel has a long association with Rollei.
For many years he was Service Manager in Canada for Rollei. Later Ulrich
moved
to Wild-Leitz as Service Manager for Leica, and then formed Tor-Photo Ltd.
return to his favourite camera. Ulrich is a craftsman from the old school.
It's
an education and a pleasure to watch him in action. A well respected, long
time
member of the PHSC, you can contact him at ubarthel@scican.com on the 'net,
or
call 905 851-2722 in Woodbridge, Ontario.
Camera Repairs

International Cameras.
Stan Nycz has operated his camera repair and exchange
business in the west end of Toronto for many years. In that time he has
repaired
many of the mechanical cameras of the thirties, forties, and fifties. He can
be
reached at
International Camera
816 The Queensway
Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1N5,
telephone (416) 255-3072.

Leica Repairs - Factory
Kindermann Canada Inc., the Canadian distributors for Leica products have a
factory-authorized Leica repair center for all models and lenses including
screw-mount.
E-mail kindrman@istar.ca

Leica Repairs and Advice
David Yau
David worked for Wild-Leitz in camera repair for fifteen years. He is
factory trained, and has visited Wetzlar many times. He specializes in the
repair of all Leica cameras and lenses. If you have any questions about
using
Leica equipment, deciding which accessories work with which cameras, or need
have a camera or lens cleaned or repaired, e-mail David in Toronto at
davidyau@worldy.com

Leica Repairs
Dave Eve
Dave is well known to many members of the PHSC. He specializes in the
repair of rangefinder Leica cameras and lenses. Contact him at any evening
at 1
416 845-3708, or write him at
Dave Eve
1304 Forest Hill,
Oakville, ON L6H 2S4.
Or by
e-mail at davideve@globalserve.net

Archival Supplies
Philippe Maurice offers a supply of archival storage materials for safely
storing your images and papers whether they are collectables or valued
family
records. Write him at:
Philippe Maurice
200 Hidden Spring Cir NW
Calgary, AB  T3A 5H4
Canada
Or phone him at 1 403 274-5255 to receive a catalogue. He asks that you
include
a nominal fee of $3.50 to cover shipping and printing costs. Philippe also
has
the first two volumes of a listing of Photographers of Western Canada
available.
These books are based on period advertisements from Western papers.