Subject: [Leica] Loose front retainer ring <was: Content-Type: test/plain>
From: mclau <mclau@pc.jaring.my>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 09:36:52 +0800

This reminded me of a recent episode.

A freind of mine was taking pictures of some water lily and lotus at a
disused minig pond with a titanium M6 and the accompaning 35 summicron.
In the heat of the actions, he felt something dropped into the edge of
the neraby pond.  To his amusement and agony (not necessary in that
order), he realized that he had lost the front retainer ring and the
FRONT ELEMENT of the lens!!!

He mangaged to recover the front element, but the reatiner ring was
believed to be somewhere at the bottom of the muddy pond :-))  And
without the ring and the inscription thereof, he had had a hard time
convincing the local Leica agent that it is indded a Leica lens :-))).
The lens is now in Hong Kong for repair.

Another good reason against indiscriminate use of filters? :-)))

MC Lau
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia