Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Versus EOS
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:37:18 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> Donal Philby wrote
>
> >LUGnuts:
> >Just ran across an erudite comparison of Canon EOS and Leica M practice
> >by two well known American photojournalists:  Worth the read on web site
> >The Digital Journalist.
> >
> >http://dirckhalstead.org/issue9801/nutsandbolts9801.htm
>
> Hi Donal,
>
> Thanks for the heads-up on this one, a good read for all Leica users. A
> very interesting comparison of why one uses both types of camera.  Besides,
> Bill Pierce a long time Leica user is a fine writer for ordinary folks to
> understand what he writes.  The best part to his work :
>
> ...it all comes from personal experience and not from some wanna be
> photographer - writer who runs out, clicks something ten times and then is
> the world expert on the product or how to do things!!

Ted,

I have been able to spend quite a bit of time with Bob Sacha here at the
ASMP conference.  His work is incredibly beautiful location work mostly
done very simply.  He usually carries on a travel assignment an M6 and
couple lenses and one EOS body with 2-3 primes and a couple Vivitar
283s.  I printed out the article and gave him.  He came back about an
hour later saying "So THAT's why I always carry both."

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego