Subject: [Leica] Off topic; Minolta Scan Speed
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:55:47

There has been some discussion recently of film scanners and I too am
interested in getting one that will do justice to Leica images. I don't
know if anyone has mentioned this scanner yet but it looks potentially very
good; I heard somewhere that it was expected to sell for around US $900.

http://www.minolta.de/europe.html

then click on "Hot products" and it is in the film scanner section.

Apparently this scanner has a resolution of 3.6 which suggests that it may
be a very good scanner indeed, possibly better than the Nikon Coolscan III,
which would otherwise be what I would go for. If anyone knows anything
about it or has any opinions I would be very interested to hear about it.

Joe Berenbaum