Subject: [Leica] Where my Leica's have taken me this week
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:19:28 -0500

Just thought I would recount what all I have done with my Leicas this
past week.

Last Monday I spent the day on the phone scheduling photo shoots in
Jackson and Hopkinsville, Ky.

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I went to Jackson, Tn. and shot around
20 rolls of velvia on things ranging from Miss America 1996 talking to
middle school students (she is a very cute and friendly lass, I spent
about an hour just hanging out with her...heck I am no idiot I am only a
few years older and now single again so why not hang out with Miss
America?) to shooting corn growing in fields, to kids working in
greenhouses to handicapped students in a bus learning how to make it in a
world not set up to deal with handicapped people, and on and on.

On Friday I went up to Hopkinsville for a job in a factory for a shoot
set up through my agent.  It was in a plant who makes parts for cars who
has won an award for being one of the best facilities in the industry in
the country.  It was a very fun shoot.  I had to light everything
extensively as the plant was those horrible orange lights.  I shot
welding robots, inspectors checking auto frames, an electro painting
process where I was only a few feet from a paint bath charged with 220
volts of electricity....a hair raising experience to say the least.

On Sunday I covered the Panthers v Packers NFL game.  Quite better than
last year. 1. it was a day game with field temps around 100 degrees F
instead of the night game with temps of 30 or less last year. (I like it
hot MUCH better than cold...I am a true southern boy) &  2. The Panthers
only lost by 7 points and were threatening from the 15 at the end of the
game, and actually lead for a while.

All in all it has been a good week and shows the variety of the
interesting things I get to see using my Leicas.  I would not trade it
for anything.  I can think of no other career where you get this
diversity in life.  I have seen places and met people and gone places
people never get to go, or if they do they spend a lot of money to go
there, and I got paid to do it.

Heck I would have hung out with Miss America for no charge, but to get
paid to spend time with her was icing on the cake!

Hope everyone else's week were as fun and rewarding as mine was.

Next week will be a drag as I will have to edit and caption all of the
stuff I shot last week....now where did my weekend go????

Harrison McClary
reporting in from Asheville, NC...will be back home tomorrow...FINALLY!