Subject: Re: Re [Leica] Southeast Camera Repair?
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:52:38 -0500

Dan,

Yes same people.  Odd they would quote so much.  The most I have ever
paid them for a repair was around $200 and that was for a LOT of work on
a EOS 1.

They don't do much Leica, I don't think, so they may charge more for it.

Back in 1991 a very good friend of mine who was the NPS repair tech in
Atlanta and a stringer with our newspaper there was laid off by Nikon.
They basically shut down their Atlanta division He is the one who told me
that Nikon sent their work to SE Camera, they litterally are next door to
each other.  SE has always done good work in a quick manner for me.  But
I would not send them Leica.  If you have a Canon or Nikon then I highly
reccomend them.

Dan Post wrote

>I may be mistaken but I thought this was the outfil that Chuck Wolf has to
>do his repairs. I'll check, but if it is I sort of wrote them off when a
>customer had a Leica SL sent down for CLA and they quoted her $650!

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto