Subject: [Leica] Weddings
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:30:19 EDT

Hi All!
	I was at a wedding yesterday-took my M6,35 Summicron asph, and a pocketful of
Tri-x.  It was a lot of fun shooting all the other guests- I was in my stealth
mode and can't wait to see the negatives.  When did people start blowing
bubbles instead of throwing rice?  They sure make for funny photos! At one
point I was standing with a glass of Champagne in one hand and an hors d'oerve
in the other, when the official photographer came over and we started talking
about Leicas and being a wedding photographer.  It turns out that even though
he uses Nikons and Hasselblad for work, he uses Leicas for fun.  He has an M2
and several vintage lenses and loves them.  He has been doing weddings for 22
years and claims that he wouldn't want to do anything else.  As an example he
said that the week before, he had a dog urinate on his tripod and then bite
him on the hand.  He thought it was a great day!  I believe him.  I never saw
anyone have so much fun shooting a wedding.  I think he had a better time than
many of the guests.  There are all kinds of people in the world- I can't
imagine photographing weddings for 22 years.  More power to him.
	I leave for Cape Cod on Wed. and can't wait to meet some of my fellow
LUGgers.
		Richard Wasserman