Subject: Re: [Leica] Weddings
From: Bill Welch <welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:50:23 -0400

At 02:10 PM 9/29/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Does Tri-X at EI 250 also lessen the contrast a bit?  All those black
>& white tuxes and gowns at weddings didn't seem to work well the last
>time I shot Tri-X at a wedding.  I really love the high contrast of
>Tri-X when I've used it at EI 400 in non-wedding situations, but it
>would be nice to be able to calm it down when I desire.

Not by itself, but reducing your development time in conjunction with that
small overexposure will definitely reduce contrast. Tri-X is a wonderful
film. You should have no difficulty holding your highlights and shadow
detail with this film. Just don't overdevelop. Even at that, it's more
forgiving than most of your alternatives.
Test first.

Bill