Subject: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH hood
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:34:20 PDT

Regarding the accessory hood of the 35/1.4 ASPH blocking the
viewfinder... I have reduced the problem significantly by not using the
hood altogether.  Instead, I took two old B+W filters, knocked the glass
out and removed the retainer rings, and stacked them onto the lens.
There is no vignetting (as tested with unmounted Velvia at all
apertures) and even less flare (at certain angles, the accessory hood's
cutout near the viewfinder lets in the sun and other sources of light).
Viewfinder blockage is significantly reduced.  Also makes the camera
look a little less like Darth Vader's face ;)