Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL desirable?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 22:49:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/98 9:01:53 PM EST, aghalide@panix.com writes:

> Just a suggestion...
>  I have a goggle 35mm Summicron for my M3. When I use this
>  lens on my M6 or M5, with my glasses on I can see the entire
>  frame. The bright frame is smaller, but easy to see. Ed

                            As Charlie Chan would say: "Must humbly make
contradiction..." That goggle was designed to decrease the image magnification
in the M3 finder so that the full-frame view simulated the coverage of a 35mm
lens rather than a 50.  Put that goggle on an M6HM whose full-frame view is
already a 35mm and it will now indicate the coverage of [approximately] a 28mm
lens.  On a "regular" M6, it would show [approx] a 24/21mm view.  This is
exactly the way Tom Abrahamsson's grafting of the same goggle onto a 21mm lens
works to eliminate using an auxiliary finder.

Jay