Subject: [Leica] Leitz variable finders
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 19:49:44 -0400 (EDT)

About the variable frame finders from Leitz.
The Imaract (spelling?)
is the one which renders the view correctly. It was, I believe,
the latest one. But now I might cause a run on the older version.
And, as I've already bought one, so I don't care.
In at least two different books I've read Henri Cartier-Bresson's
description of the older Vidom finder, the one which not only
reads left to right and right to left, but also, by twisting
the eye-piece, the image turns upside down. Cartier-Bresson
mentions this, as he's also a painter and states that he uses
the Vidom to view his compositions upside-down as do many
painters. This eliminates the distraction of subject and composition
becomes foremost.
I got mine....
Ed