Subject: Re: [Leica] SV: winder query again
From: omegaman <omegaman@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 20:17:52 -0700

AINA NILSEN and/or JOHN GILBERT wrote:
Is there a difference in compatibility in the motor winders for the R's
aside from the R3? Weren't the first batch of R3's and R4's built
without winder\MD connections? (Hence the MOT designation.)

I think all R4's take the winder/motordrive.  The early R4's were
labelled as motor cameras, later ones were not.  My R4 has the
motordrive attached and motor is not written anywhere on the body.  I
was told that this same drive fits everything up through R7 but I have
not tried it.
Randolph Carlisle