Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 f/6.8
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 22:58:40 -0400 (EDT)

I also have the 400mm f/6.8 in an M mount. This permits
me to use various tubes and adapters to mount the lens
on the SL, Contarex, Minolta XK, Rollei 3003, etc. Metering is done
in the stop-down mode, or with a spot meter that hangs
around my neck.
This lens has great contrast and sharpness, as long as
you don't shake it during exposure. It's like playing a
slide trombone.
In 1967 or 68 I had the honor of having, on loan from a Wetzlar
friend, the prototype 400mm f/8. It was slightly smaller
and lighter. I returned it. Wonder where it is now?
Ed