Subject: [Leica] Travels
From: Ian Stanley <ianstanley@mistral.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 16:46:05 +0000

Greetings all,

	I have been out of touch, electronically at least, with the group since
leaving Kathmandu at the end of May.  Since then I have spent a wonderful 3
1/2 months in Canada cruising for snaps with my 4x5 and Leicas.  In Calgary
Noel Church proved to be a wonderful host and guide (Noel the Spruce
Meadows shots turned out fine),  I had a very pleasant and informative
lunch in Vancouver with Tom Abrahamsson (yes I'm using and enjoying the
soft shutter releases) - but unfortunately missed meeting up with Henning
Wulff again - hopefully next time.  By the way Tom I was chatting with
Arthur at Hove Camera Company the other day and he spotted your shutter
releases right away and mentioned that the two of you had spent some time
together recently.

	I will be in England for the next 2 1/2 months (yes it is raining) and am
looking forward to checking out the area.  While I was still in Nepal
someone wrote to me from England saying that we should get together but
unfortunately that contact information is on another laptop so if you are
still out there please write to me again at the above address.  If there
are any other lug members in this area I would be pleased to hear from you
also.  I will be here until December 14th and then it is on to Thailand for
a few weeks before finally ending up back in Kathmandu.

	Anyway it is good to be back on the lug and catching with what folks are
up to these days.

Ian Stanley

Kingston, Lewes,
East Sussex, England