Subject: Re: [Leica] Found a good compact flash
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 18:08:42 -0700

>>you might want to consider the Olympus S20 (snip).
>
>>The cost was about $79 (USD)
>
>The Leica CF flash for the Minilux Zoom and other cameras does not cost 3
>times more than the Olympus S20 as was suggested on this list, but only
>96 USD (without tax) or 172 DEM (16% German VAT included) at Foto Hobby

The prices for these things seem to be all over the board. I stated that the
Olympus was a third the cost of the Leica flash based on what I paid for the
Olympus flash (about USD 55) and what I saw the Leica advertised for in
Shutterbug (about USD 190). Donal Philby posted a few days ago that:

The G2 and M6 belonged to Tim Page.  He loved both.  used a small
Olympus strobe on the Contax and M6, said it was basically same as the
new Leica strobe and worked beautifully for $30
<<<<<
So even at $96 for the Leica flash you can still get the Olympus flash at
less than a third the cost. I guess the conclusion is that it pays to shop
around for these accesories.