Subject: [Leica] Chrome or black?
From: Andrew Morang <morang@magnolia.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 14:03:26 -0500

.  For colour, go with chrome.  For
>negative, go with black.  If undecided, talk to Leica about getting
>a Panda version of the 21.

Don't laugh, Leica made Panda lenses.  My 35 mm goggle-eye Summicron has =
a chrome barrel and black goggles.  They are painted with a hard black =
crinkle-pattern paint.  (Of course, Leica did not call them Pandas back =
in the 1960's.)

Some readers asked about using the 35 mm goggle lenses on M3 and on =
newer cameras.  On my M2, this lens makes the 50 mm frame bar appear is =
in the viewfinder.  However, these frame bars show the field of view of =
the 35 mm lens, thanks to the optics in the goggles.  In summary, you =
certainly can use the goggle-style 35 lenses on a modern M Leica.

Andy Morang