Subject: RE: [Leica] no off switch on M6
From: "Daniel Ho" <hod@idirect.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 22:24:31 -0400

Hi,

For me, the problem isn't just that the meter gets turned on, but that I
sometimes trip the shutter and take a nice picture of the inside of my
camera bag.  As nice as the inside of my camera bag is, the pictures bring
back bad memories of the time I tried to take a picture of a black bear in a
dark cave!  Sooo...I tried using a piece of neoprene with an opening that
looked like the clip the keeps a loaf of sandwich bread closed--but that was
too much trouble to fasten, remove and not lose.

I proudly use a Tom A. soft release (in bright red, of course!) and my
solution is this.  I tie a piece of thin climbing rope to the right shoulder
strap lug ring, and before I replace the camera to the bag, I wind the
string around the shutter release under the Softrelease.  That way, the
meter can't be activated and it keeps the shutter from firing when the
release hits the side of the bag.

Works for me...hey, if this idea catches on, maybe LUGnuts can identify
themselves to one another by all using a RED piece of climbing rope! ;-)

Regards,
Daniel Ho
Toronto