Subject: Re: [Leica] moving to Leica SLR ...a few tips please...
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 22:06:53 -0700

At 08:58 PM 10/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>You'd say the 50 Summilux is better at f/2 than the Summicron?

I'd say that the new Summilux is Leica's latest 50mm design. Optics and
mechanics. A new lens in 1998 must be as good as they can make. I'm not
saying anything else.

>Also, do you mean the 19 and 28 are the best LEICA 19 and 28 lenses
>or the best 19 and 28 lenses of any brand?
>
>Francesco

Are you asking about any brand? Or asking about Leica? This is a Leica list
and you asked about moving to a Leica SLR. So why would I even be thinking
about some other brand? You asked a specific question about a product and I
gave you my opinion on that product. Leica.