Subject: [Leica] are billingham photobags fine?
From: thomas boehm <toboehm@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

hello leica friends,

i'm close to send my old photobag off duty and replace it with a fine,
new one. the bag has to carry one motored SLR with large tele-zoom,
one or wo leica M-cameras (to be on LUG-topic), flash, two extra
lenses, notepad etc. and the item faces everyday-use with sometimes
hard life.

for some reasons, billingham-products attract me and i think, that
modell 335 would be nice for me. but beside, i had also good
experiences with tamrac. unfortunately, i don't have shops close to me
so that i could compare different good brands.

so my modest request to experienced luggers is:
are there good reasons for the use of pricy billingham-bags or are
they just "nice to look" luxury products? for me, the billingham seems
to look a bit decent and not too "professional", for what i would
prefer it again tamracs, lowe etc. - and there are lots of rumors (in
catalogues), that billinghams are fun for longtime use.

what about the reality? i'm interested about your personal opinions.

thanks & regards, thomas

thomas böhm, imst, austria