Subject: [Leica] Miscellaneous (shutter lock, rubber eyepiece, updated gallery)
From: Urban Fredriksson <griffon@canit.se>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:17:17 +0200

nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson) wrote:

> Interesting to note, after all the jury-rigging
> we've done to circumvent this problem, I picked up a friend's Nikon FM2n
> this morning, and with the wind lever pressed in to the body, the shutter
> button/meter switch is securely locked; pop the winder out to the ready
> position and it unlocks.

And interestingly, this may be the reason I didn't replace my F3 (which
had become unreliable) with an FM2n, and got started on Leica instead.
I liked the original FM better (it also taught me you don't always need
an exposure meter, once I went without batteries for a couple of
months),
but I like the current M6 arrangement even better than that!

> I've purchased and installed M6 rubber eyepieces on all my M's.

Interesting, that's what I lack on my M4-2, but it doesn't look like
it's an easy job to fit it, how is it done?

By the way, I've at long last gotten the M4-2 back in a condition
where it seems usable, as it's now possible to take sharp photos
with it. (See the first entry at:
<http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/1568/pix.html>.)
But the rangefinder still doesn't agree 100% with my M6, so I'm
not quite comfortable with it after all. Too bad, otherwise it
would have been exactly what I wanted.
- --
 Urban Fredriksson   griffon@canit.se   http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/