Subject: [Leica] MR meter help! .... and ravings.
From: DFeingold1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 02:42:33 EDT

I have a local repairman/friend working on my MR meter.  He informs me that
the black plastic dial under the dial no longer has nubs.  Is there anyone
that has this part or a spent/dead meter for sale.....
Thanks in advance.

Long PS  Although I remain aloof of the fray, I have enjoyed much of what I
read here.
For anyone who cares, and while I am writing, my two cents.
	I would like to see more reflection on those aspects of the process that we
control with the equipment that we have.  None of my equipment is state of the
art.
I recognize that the approach that I have to this medium is in the tradition
of those great photographers before me, some of whom I know had equipment that
was inferior to my own.  The tradition, historic as well as technical offers
more than I imagine I will exhaust anytime soon......at which point I might
need better glass.
	 I have shot landscapes with my "older" Summicrons that may not reveal what
newer glass would but in these images are qualities that are of equal value to
me aesthetically.  In the same sense, a sketch in charcoal may reveal less
detail, allowing or demanding the viewer to supply that detail.
	As a musician (guitarist, composer) I have arranged solos of big band or
combo arrangements where the clarinet solo is implied by which ever string on
the guitar is free to realize it.  My purpose is not to "recreate" the band or
clarinet solo but render a sketch that offers another way of experiencing the
tune.  And so go photos.  If I really want to see the landscape, I'll leave
the camera in the trunk .....(not) .
	I do realize that many of you are pros that need the newest stuff.  : )
Final note.  For me there is that aspect of the Leica M that is like a musical
instrument.  There is no shame in wanting to play the hell out of it and for a
few bucks more we get the privilege.