Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 17:35:28 -0400

At 01:35 PM 1998-10-07 -0700, Mark Kronquist wrote:
>Useful? I sold my Visoflex and bought an R outfit...the meter would not work
>unless you replaced the SLR mirror with a pelicle mirror and recalibrated
>the meter

Hunh?  This is absurd.  As another poster noted, you simply swing the
mirror up and meter.  It works, and is remarkable easy once you've done it
a few times.  I shot a roll of SFX last week with some of my long lenses.

You cannot mount short lenses, in general, to a Visoflex, though adapters
are available to allow the use of first-generation rigid and DR 50mm
Summicron heads.  But, then, anything wider than a 50mm is, to me, boring,
so that isn't a drawback.

I don't seem to have the trouble focusing with a Visoflex which afflicts me
when I try to use an SLR.  And that is why I got out of Leica SLR some
years back, and have concentrated on the Visoflex.  It increases the
capacity of the M and LTM cameras, and doesn't curse me with the terminal
woes which afflict SLR's.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!