Subject: [Leica] R6.2 Viewfinder Light Problem
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:47:41 -0700

Well, I called Russ Sherrell at Glazers in Seattle about the R6.2's erratic
supplemental viewfinder light and he confirmed that this behavior was not
normal.  When I walked in today with the body to be sent back to Leica, the
Leica rep had just arrived.  He looked at the camera, confirmed the problem
and seemed visibly surprised.  He voiced his displeasure at this, my second
defective Leica body (earlier this year I had shutter-bounce and rangefinder
alignment problems with a new M6HM).

Immediately, he turned to the salesperson at the counter and ordered: "Give
him a new body.  This kind of thing should never happen."  He apologized
profusely and assured me that my experience with Leica quality control so
far is out of the ordinary.  One thing I can say is that they sure do stand
behind thier products!  I was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

I took the opportunity to ask him about the new 2.0/90 APO Summicron-M.  He
expects it by end of the year.  About the R8 motor...Jan-Feb next year.  I
needled him about this and he seemed very confident that we'd see it then.

Jim Laurel
Business Development Manager
Microsoft Digital Television
jplaurel@microsoft.com