Subject: [Leica] Entry Level Leica SLR Wanted
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:46:55 -0400

On  Tue, 06 Oct 1998, ray tai wrote:

<SNIP>
>If Leica was to release an all manual entry level camera the size of an =

>Olympus OM4 for under US$800, I will be the first to buy it along with =

>the 100/2.8 APO.  I will even wait the two years for the winder.  And =

>don't bother with responses regarding used SLRs.  This is 1998 and I =

>want a 1998 camera.

ray,

I'm a bit confused.  What makes an all-manual camera a "1998" camera asid=
from its year of birth?  I thought a "1998" camera had all the cool, mode=
rn
dodads and gizmos and manual operation was an afterthought accomodation f=
or
us fuddy-duddies who'd like to use their own brains once in a while. =

Please enlighten me.

Doug Herr
Sacramento