Subject: [Leica] M6TTL need accessory, was: Visoflex
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:59:29 +0200

N. B. Watson wrote:

>  Too bad there isn't a way
> (yet) to couple a TTL flash to the M6TTL with a Viso attached.  Actually,
> I doubt my Viso II would even fit to the M6TTL because the finder sits
> flush with the top plate on a normal M6.  THe Viso III would certainly
> fit, though.

I think that those who intend to use the M6TTL will need very soon
a solution if they want to use a 21mm, 24mm or, with M6TTLHM,
a 28mm, on it.
I know that the SF 20 only cover the 24mm, but Metz flash cover more.

Maybe a little extension cable, with an accessory shoe on the top
of the attachement to the camera, will do it.
Or viewfinders with TTL hot shoe on the top ?  ;-)
The same cable (without shoe) will do it for the Visoflex III.
(There is cable like that in the Contax program)

Any future M camera will need a separate attachement for a TTL cable
if it still need separate viewfinders for wide angle lenses.

Lucien