Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Finishh
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 01:02:11 -0400

At 8 Oct 1998 13:54:56 EDT, RBedw51767@aol.com wrote:

> I have noticed that the finish on my black M6 is getting a dull matte finish
> to it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how maintain a clean and new
> finish on the camera.

It's probably gotten degreased.  I'm pretty sure the black bodies come with
a light coating of oil in the `pores' of the finish, and if you get wild
with a solvent like ROR you can end up making the finish cleaner than it's
meant to be.

> I am sure it is from the oils from my skin and the dust that settles on the
> camera.

I doubt it.  I suspect the problem is...

>  I use "ROR" periodically[...]

Ha!

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oil it back up.  Very subtly.  My apologies to the fastidious, but you may
have fine luck with good old Nozoil(TM).

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>