Subject: [Leica] Re: R vs. M Lenses (Francesco's test)
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 22:41:31 -0700

Francesco,

There is definitely something wrong with your R setup.  I can handhold my
R8/100 combo and achieve stunningly sharp photographs down to 1/125th of a
second.  If you haven't already done so, adjust your diopter setting per
the manual.  I did it incorrectly once, but used the method in the manual
and I was a couple of adjustments off.

If that doesn't yield good results, you might consider sending your lens to
Leica for a bench test.  That lens is so sharp that I put a softening
filter on it to photograph people.

John