Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex in Detail
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:48:08 -0400

At 08:50 PM 1998-10-09 +0100, Raimo wrote:
>Well - the book says that DMUOO is for attaching SOSIC and SOMNI to the
>bellows. For Visoflex II and III no adapter is needed - and why should it?

Raimo, this is for attaching the lens HEAD, not the entire lens, to the
Bellows, in such a way as to preserve infinity focus.

THE Book (Laney's LEICA COLLECTORS GUIDE, p. 280) identifies the DMUOO
properly as the adapter to fit this lens head to the Bellows.  In other
words, the lens and aperture assembly is unscrewed from the body on the
SOSIC (2/50 rigid) or SOMNI (2/50 NF), screwed into the DMUOO, and this, in
turn, is screwed into the Bellows.  I have one, and it works perfectly.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!