Subject: [Leica] DOF notches
From: M3novie@webtv.net (Scott Green)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 10:59:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hey folks!  So here's a question that I've been occasionally trying to
figure out for some time now:  I once read somewhere that the little
notches in the upper and lower egdes of the M3 viewfinder are supposed
to be a quick DOF reference when using  a 50mm and -- what was it -- a
90mm lens.  I haven't quite figured out how to use 'em, though.
Granted, it's been a while since I last looked in there and tried.  Now
that I've written this, I'll probably go and figure it out as soon as i
pick up the thing 8-}  So, are you supposed to look _between_ the two
notches' edges, or between the two notches themselves?  It runs in my
mind that I saw this in Brian Bower's book, but he wasn't very clear on
exactly what they do.

Anybody out there able to clue in a dolt?  Thanks a lot!!
Scott