Subject: Re: [Leica] strobe vs. natural light
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 21:45:34 -0400

LUGnuts:

So far all the talk has been about what the "twinkie" does to the light
(which is bad enough).  What about how it affects the people in the
photograph?  If you use a flash to photograph people, you might as well
announce,  "Here I am!  Look at me!"  You destroy any mood and any hope of
getting natural, unposed shots.  I love my M6 and Noctilux because people
forget that I am there taking photographs and just go on with their lives.
A flash would be a constant reminder that they are being recorded on film.
I understand that artificial lights are necessary and effective for many
types of photography, but not for what the M6 excells in - natural,
unposed, documentary slices of life. I have a Metz for my R8 but I have no
use for the TTL on an M6.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP