Subject: [Leica] BEEINS/BELUN close-up devices
From: Ian Stanley <ianstanley@mistral.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 10:35:43 +0000

Greetings all,

	I was reading through a copy of Collecting & Using Classic Cameras by Ivor
Matanle which included some information about a couple of close up devices
for Leica screw mount cameras.  The BEEINS is for use with the 35mm Elmar
lens and the BELUN for the 50mm Elmar.  Both of these devices give a 1:1
ratio for copy work producing a and image on the film that is the actual
size of the subject.  This appears to be basically an extension tube with a
stand that attaches to the lens.  Has anything like this ever been made for
the M's and if so for what lenses and are they available??  I have seen no
mention in any of the material that I have available.

	I have been asked to photograph a series of Nepal stamps for the Patan
museum on my return and a device like this would make the work much easier
and less expensive as I was going to use a 120 back on my 4x5 for the work.

	Thanks in advance.

Ian Stanley

temporarily in
Kingston, Lewes